Madera Subbasin Coordination Committee Releases Final Draft of the Madera Subbasin Joint GSP
Madera, Calif. – The Madera Subbasin Joint Groundwater Sustainability Plan (Joint GSP) for the Madera Subbasin is available for a 90-day review and comment period. The Joint GSP has been prepared in compliance with the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), which requires Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSAs) to achieve groundwater sustainability in a subbasin by 2040. The Joint GSP GSAs include City of Madera GSA, Madera County GSA, Madera Irrigation District GSA and Madera Water District GSA. Combined, the Joint GSP GSAs are responsible for approximately 95% of the subbasin. Preparation of the Joint GSP was funded primarily through a State grant, complimented by staff and resources from each GSA.
The full document is available online at www.maderacountywater.com/maps/madera-subbasin/ and hard copies are available at the following locations:
- Madera Public Library, 121 N G St, Madera, CA 93637
- City of Madera, 205 W 4th Street, Madera, CA 93637
- Madera County, Clerk of the Board, 200 West 4th Street, Madera, CA 93637
- Madera County, Water and Natural Resources Department, 200 West 4th Street, Madera, CA 93637
- Madera Irrigation District, 12152 Road 28 ¼, Madera, CA 93637
- Madera Water District at Blankenship & Co., 1663 N. Schnoor Street, Suite 105, Madera, CA 93638
Please note that this is a large planning document and it is available for review purposes only at these locations. If you wish to print your own version of the document, you can print from here: www.maderacountywater.com/maps/madera-subbasin/.
Comments can be submitted either:
- by email to maderaGSPComments@maderacounty.com, or
- by U.S. mail to: Stephanie Anagnoson, Plan Manager, Madera County Water & Natural Resources, 200 West 4th Street, Suite 4200, Madera, CA 93637.
All comments must be received by November 11, 2019.
To read the Press Release in its entirety, click here.